- Intellectual property law (trademarks, copyright, designs, patents, trade secrets, publicity/image rights, unfair competition, advertising and marketing)
- Videogames and interactive entertainment
- Esports and digital entertainment (audiovisuals and music)
- Information technology (data protection, ecommerce platforms, ISP regulation and liability, cybersecurity)
- Consumer law
- Media regulation
- Commercial law
- Advisory, transactional
- Italian (mother tongue)
Nicoletta is a lawyer specialized in IP and IT. Prior to joining the firm as an Associate, Nicoletta worked in-house for an international TV broadcaster, focusing on content protection, ISP platform liability and cybersecurity. She subsequently worked within the digital business/TMT department of an international law firm as part of the team headed by Andrea Rizzi and has been working with him ever since.
As a digital business lawyer, Nicoletta advises clients in relation to OTT platform liability & regulation – with specific regard to consumer law issues, ecommerce regulation, advertising, regulation of audiovisual content, content clearance and data protection – and provides business and legal advice to clients operating in the videogame, esports and gaming industries.
Nicoletta also assists clients in drafting consumer facing/B2C contracts (related to OTT platform, esports tournaments and promotional activations/prize draws) and drafting and negotiating B2B contract, focusing on the videogame and esports industries.
- Professional qualifications
- Admission to practice in Italy (Ordine degli Avvocati di Siena, 2016)
- Testimonial of Women in Games Italy (2019)
- Member of Women in Games (2019)
- Academic activity
- Teaching Assistant in Media Law; Video Game Law – IUS/09 (Link University of Rome, Italy, since 2019)
- Degrees and diplomas
- Executive Master, Esports Management (LUM School of Management of Milan, Italy, 2019)
- LL.M., Intellectual Property Law (WIPO and University of Turin, Turin-Geneva, 2017)
- J.D. – cum laude (University of Siena, Italy, 2013)
- ‘Image rights, creativity and videogames’, Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, Volume 15, Issue 3, March 2020, Pages 185–192, https://doi.org (with Gaetano Dimita and Andrea Rizzi)
- ‘Esports in Italy: an industry ready to take off (or still in search of its regulatory soul)?’, Interactive Entertainment Law Review, Volume 2, Issue 1, 2019, Pages 42-49 https://doi.org (with Andrea Rizzi and Liam Nowak)