- Personal data protection and cybersecurity (privacy compliance projects, data breach management, data protection impact assessment, DPO services)
- Information technology law (ecommerce platforms, ISP regulation and liability)
- Intellectual property law (trademarks, copyright, designs, patents, trade secrets, publicity/image rights, unfair competition, advertising and marketing)
- Competition law/antitrust
- Consumer law
- Commercial and corporate law
- Legal design
- Advisory, transactional, and litigation
- Italian (mother tongue)
After graduating in Italy (magna cum laude), Massimo obtained an LL.M. in Intellectual Property, from the University of Turin and WIPO, a master’s degree in European Law and International Cooperation, and a master’s degree as Data Protection Officer, following which he held the position of DPO for leading Italian and international companies.
Massimo is also a certified Lead Auditor for the purpose of the ISO 27001:2017 regulation on information security. He has been a member of Federprivacy since 2021, while prior to that he used to be a member of the ANORC association with the role of Advanced Level Privacy Professional.
Massimo advises the firm’s clients in connection with the assessment and mitigation of data protection risks while supporting their digital transformation initiatives and providing training programs. In addition, Massimo provides assistance to the firm’s client on intellectual property matters in both transactional and litigation scenarios. He also assists clients in relation to brand management activities. Massimo is also a Legal Design enthusiast and regularly uses its mechanics in contract drafting and when implementing privacy management systems.
- Professional Qualifications
- Admission to practice in Italy (Ordine degli Avvocati di Prato, 2013)
- Lead Auditor ISO 27001:2017
- Degrees and diplomas
- LL.M., Intellectual Property Law – cum laude (WIPO and University of Turin, Turin-Geneva, 2017)
- J.D., European and international private law – cum laude (University of Rome La Sapienza)
- J.D. – cum laude (University of Florence, 2008)
- CopyrightX Course (Harvard Law School, 2017)
- Executive Master for Data Protection Officer (Euroconference, Bologna 2018)
- Specialization course for business lawyers (ISADCI / CamCom Milano/Firenze, Milan 2009)